Thursday, December 29, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Resort 2011: Orange Juiced and HibisKiss Sheer Brilliance Lip Glosses

While I was waiting for my taxi to arrive the day of my flight home, I got a knock on the door from a darling postman who brought an unexpected package around. Thinking it was an older purchase, I tore it open and squealed like the little girl I really am when it wasn't. Out came the brightest, happiest colors to combat the oncoming gloom, and in the nick of time too! I would have been too late to give you my thoughts by the time I got back to Boston.

I am talking about the Le Métier de Beauté Resort 2012 Jet Set Collection, another collaboration with Neiman Marcus Fashion Director Ken Downing. Today I'll be featuring the two glosses, Orange Juiced and HibisKiss, and tomorrow we'll look at the neon bright nail lacquers.

Orange Juiced

HibisKiss

L-R: Orange Juiced, HibisKiss

First, a note about the Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss formula. When swatched they look vibrant and opaque, but they don't appear the same on the lips. It works with your lip color to provide a sheer layer of gloss, so do keep in mind that these might look different on you as my lips are quite pigmented. The Sheer Brilliances are scent and taste free, and aren't sticky or tacky. In my experience, they usually last around three hours.

I was struggling with a color description for HibisKiss and remembered Best Things in Beauty calling it a fuchsia red, which is spot on. On my lips it looks like a fuchsia-red-rose. It didn't look the best on me, but I have no doubt this shade will be flattering on a lot of women. 



But oh! I've been wanting to show you Orange Juiced since I tried it on. I mean, who knew an orange gloss would not turn me into a yellow mess. I thought it would pull out all the yellow in my skin and make me look like a lemon, but instead it's a sheer layer of orange that adds some warmth and much needed sparkle to my lips. It's such a quintessential spring shade (and because I'm in the land of perpetual summer I can wear it now and be happy).




Le Métier de Beauté Sheer Brilliance Lip Glosses retail for $32 each and The Jet Set Collection will be exclusively available at Bergdorf's and Neiman Marcus in-stores and online come January 2012. Will you be digging in?

The products in this post were provided by the company's PR for consideration only.

18 comments:

  1. If only they where the same colour as in the tube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! I couldn't conceive of Orange Juiced as being a subtle, wearable shade ... but it is!

    You make everything look lovely, and my wallet does not thank you for it ;)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both stunning! I love the Orange Juiced!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colors. I like my local post men too :O) THey bring nice things to the door.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Oranged Juice too. What eyeshadows are you wearing or would you wear with it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The orange is my favorite on you, but I kind of wish the orange was more orange on lips! I love the color in the tube.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE orange juiced on you! i would never think it would look like that on the lips. so beautiful. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both colours are soooo pretty! Though I am definitely partial to the orange one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The orange gloss is /gorgeous/ in the tube. I squealed a little when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the pic, the orange gloss really brings out the yellowness in ur skin tone. I wonder, being an Asian myself, if I should stay clear of this gloss

    ReplyDelete
  11. adoreabubbles- sometimes that's my wish, though for Orange Juiced I was glad it's not full on orange :P

    Jessica- I thought so too. The sparkles in Orange Juiced is just amazing though!

    Girl have you seen my wallet? Cinders because of you!

    Jamilla- my fav in this collection!

    Girlie Blogger- I sometimes feel a little ashamed for seeing my postman so frequently :P

    Anon- I'm wearing Dior Blue Ribbons in this post. Since it is so sheer, I think anything would be fine, though I would steer clear of very warm shades on the eyes.

    Larie- I actually prefer it the way it is. I don't know how orange would look on my lips :x

    kellyyes- :) will you be getting it come january?

    Phoebe Limanta- me too!

    The Student's Guide- yay! I definitely squealed when I tore open the package.

    Liz- It actually don't find that to be so irl, but hopefully you have a counter near you so you can try before you take the plunge. Personally I love the gloss :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooooooo pretty on you love!!!!!! If you guys haven't preordered yet... I am preselling for these glosses and the new polishes (and well anything else you need for that matter) for my event on 1/21/12 and you get a free gift with $125 qualifier!!!! Text me to get yours!!

    Alyx
    702.722.7400

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ps I just got these glosses in yesterday along with the polishes omg I thought I was dreaming but they're here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not seeing these on the websites for either Neiman Marcus or Bergdorfs....are they sold out, or just not available yet?

    ReplyDelete
  15. how does orange juiced compare to papaya creme? have you tried papaya creme? is it fully orangey?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jane- I don't own papaya creme, but from seeing it on counters, I don't think it's full on orange. They both sport different formulas, papaya is more of a full coverage creme gloss, whereas orange juiced is a shimmery gloss gloss and sheerer on the lips. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks Xiao! have you tried it on? I think my lips are similarly pigmented and I'm wondering if it'll turn me yellow-sallow.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, lovelies. Due to excessive spam, I would appreciate it if you refrain from including self-promoting links in your comments! This ensures that your comment will be visible and keeps the section clean. I look forward to hearing from you!