Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté Spring 2012 Preview: The Northern Lights Collection

I'm sure most of you have already seen this, but I feel like it's almost a requisite for me to post this information. Oh Le Métier how you make my heart race! March cannot roll around soon enough.

For Spring, the folks at Le Métier de Beauté takes inspiration from the ethereal northern skies and translates the ethereal beauty of the Aurora Borealis into hues for the lips, nails and eyes. 

You can click on them to view in mega-high resolution:


The Northern Lights Kaleidoscope Eye Kit contains:
  • Ionic - a satin/matte neutral peach
  • Sky - a pale shimmering blue
  • Magnetic - a blazing copper
  • Equinox - a satin/matte twilight

The Aurora Kaleidoscope Lip Kit contains:
  • Illuminate - a shimmering hot pink with a sheer finish
  • Voltair - a satin nude mauve (seriously. an angel gets its wings everytime someone creates a nude mauve)
  • Dynamos - an effervescent coral tangerine (effervescent! I wonder how it looks in real life)
  • Eos - an opaque fuchsia


For the nails, you get:
  • Aurora - an icy blue
  • Solar Flare - a dusky rose-pink
  • Faraday - a shimmering lavender taupe

I had the fortune to see these nail polishes firsthand about a month ago and I can assure you that Faraday will sell out before you know it (with "lavender taupe" as a description, who's surprised?). I'm so glad the company decided to roll out bigger bottles from this collection on. Faraday is a breathtaking nude and I know I'll need a lot of it.

As usual, the eye and lip kits retail for $95 and the nail polishes will go for $18. The Northern Lights collection should hit counters nationwide early March.

And here's a post-Valentine's Day treat to top off the flowers/chocolates/candies from yesterday: Dustin has a few things up his sleeve for Le Métier de Beauté coming soon. There is no other information I can give you (because even he doesn't know what will be in them yet), but when I have it you bet I'll let you know.

2 comments:

  1. Aurora looks really promising - what a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the eye kaleidoscope looks so familiar as if i've seen those colors before in another kaleidoscope(s). i guess i'll have to wait to see the swatches.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, lovelies. Due to excessive spam, I would appreciate it if you refrain from including self-promoting links in your comments! This ensures that your comment will be visible and keeps the section clean. I look forward to hearing from you!