Wednesday, April 18, 2012

NARS Summer 2012: Ramatuelle Eyeshadow Trio



Yesterday, I was yelled at on Twitter for delaying my coverage of NARS Ramatuelle Eyeshadow Trio, and I understand. I would be anxious too if I was waiting to see this palette. In fact, it was the first thing I knew I wanted from the entire collection. 

Ramatuelle consists of two shimmery shades of silver and light peach and one matte apricot orange. All three of them are light but not sheer.


In the pictures below, the NARS associate applied the light peach all over my eyes and under my brow bone. She concentrated the application of the silver in the inner half of my lids, and the orange on the outer half, as well as the crease. She also applied the silver on my bottom lash line to brighten up my eyes. She finished the look with a simple black line at the base of my lashes and a good coat of mascara.



One thing to note: the eyeshadow creases if you don't apply it over a base (as you can see in the photo above). I've tried it again over the NARS eyeshadow base and it lasted all night. 

Cheeks: Liberté Blush; Lips: Moscow Pure Matte Lipstick


Since the eyeshadows are so light, I think Ramatuelle is a great option for those afraid to plunge head on into color. So far a lot of comments I've heard regarding Ramatuelle is that it might be too warm, which I disagree. I think the silver balances out the orange in the trio and make for a wearable combination. If you have a Sephora or NARS counter near you, do give this trio a try before writing it off. Like Grand Palais from last year's collection, I think many would be pleasantly surprised at how well they can pull this off.

NARS Ramatuelle Eyeshadow Trio retails for $45 and is exclusively available at the NARS 413 Bleecker St Store and narscosmetics.com till May 1.

8 comments:

  1. I wasn't yelling...I'd call it a gentle push in that direction :D

    Man, this seals the deal. I wasn't too sure how the silver would fare on my skintone, but seeing how it does have a wonderfully brightening effect on your eyes (as opposed to screaming HI, I'M SILVER EYESHADOW!!!!!!) I am now certain that it, quite naturally, belongs to me. (/random Cee-Lo quote).

    -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheekz this collection was MADE for you! I don't know, I think it's still to warm for me, but I will go try it. Cause I <3 you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this palette is very ... subtle! I already have many dupes for this colours but that's good - 1 lemming less :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is not the point of the post, but while Ramateulle looks amazing on you, I'M STILL OBSESSED WITH ORANGE PAREO ON YOU. Sigh. Why so pretty, Wandz? Why???

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trio and the Dior lip gloss look go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Larie - while I'm enjoying Ramateulle, Orange Pareo looks ridiculously lovely on you Xiao! It might be because it's a kind of shade you don't show often, but it's really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a must to put primer before the real make up to consider and sad to say not all women is aware about this matter

    ReplyDelete

Hi, lovelies. Due to excessive spam, I would appreciate it if you refrain from including self-promoting links in your comments! This ensures that your comment will be visible and keeps the section clean. I look forward to hearing from you!