Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chanel Fall 2012: Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss 68 Troublant


The next few weeks promises to be a confusing time on Messy Wands. Fall collections are in (yay!) but the weather and I are remaining resolutely summery, so do expect vacillating coverage between both seasons. 

Chanel Troublant

L-R: Dior Addict Wild, Chanel Troublant


In my sneak peek to Chanel Fall, I described Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss 68 Troublant as My Lips in Fall and my personal must have. Now that I've had time to play with it for a few days, I still agree, though I wish the microshimmer we see in the swatch is more prominent on the lips. Troublant is a very grown-up gloss in that I feel like my mother wouldn't be opposed to wearing it, and I say this in the best possible way.


The color is a plum rose (I guess it's not as brown as I previously thought) and such an easy shade to pair with fall makeup. The only deterrent I can think of is that it's just slightly sticky (and when I say that I compare it to LMdB lip stuff, not say, MAC Lipglasses), but it makes the gloss last on and on – I took a nap with it on the first day and when I woke up it's still there. That said, if you're limited to only one thing from Chanel's fall collection, I do think Troublant should be it.

Ingredient list for those who need it:

(click to enlarge)

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss 68 Troublant retails for $32 and should be available at all counters. I purchased mine from Chanel.com.

22 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the review, great photos, and especially the ingredient list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, SO pretty on you Xiao! I just got this one too and I'm so excited to try it (still haven't taken pics so can't touch yet :/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this on a whim when I went to my counter to pick up Rose Initiale and the Complice single. I'm so glad I did. It's absolutely that perfect shade for me. I'm contemplating Caprice too. We'll have to see what kind of damage I do at the Nordstrom sale. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous shade. Nothing from Chanel's fall collection caught my eye initially, but now I need to get this lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Xiao, you look very pretty in the last picture. You look so happy there and I like it very much :) I don't think I will be getting this although it looks very pretty. I will definitely get Rose Initiale :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same thought that if I were to get just one item from Chanel's Fall collection, this would be it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SMILEY CHEEKZ!!! I ADORE YOU! This looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I have made up my mind to get this and the Rose Initiale blush, and I'm wavering on the Rouge Coco :)

    (on another note, thanks to you, I purchased my first Rouge Dior and my second Dior Addict Extreme today. *g* So pretty!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty lipgloss - and pretty smile! :) I dont think I ever see you smile hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing how different things look on us! This looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH-MY-GOSH.

    I feel like this is the gloss version of one of my favourite blushes.

    So this means I *have* to buy Troublant, right? Right? :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, is it time for pinky/plummy/browny tones? I'm definitely feeling fall here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, forgot to mention how gorgeous this was. You always have the perfect lip combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gail- I live to serve! (Good to know people like ingredient lists)

    Becca- Thanks! And I know what you mean, though since it's a gloss I think you can cheat ;) I TOTALLY DID

    Laci- I haven't tried Caprice, but so far based on swatches I think I don't need it. Let me know if you think otherwise! What are you eyeing from Nordies?

    Leigh- ;)

    Memoiselle- Hehe. I think I was actually laughing at something there. Usually my smiley pictures are less successful

    Shelnmum- Oh that's what they say about great minds ;)

    Tracy- I ADORE YOU MORE!

    rebecca- I didn't try the Rouge Cocos and I sort of hesitate to. I sold off a lot of my RCs in the blog sale... (yay! Dior is amazing right?!)

    Lori J- It's definitely a rarity here, but I do that plenty in real life!

    Christa- :) that's the fun part about makeup I suppose!

    dani- Of course you do, darling :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I shouldn't have read your post! I recently went gloss crazy and bought 6 lip glosses. I told myself no more gloss for this year, and then I read your post... oh no... I want troublant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. EEEee smiley xiao-nyan! You look gorgeous as always! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty! I'd love to at least try this on. The weather hasn't been summery here, but I'm still in the summery state of mind so it's hard for me to concentrate on fall collections!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very beautiful! I will be picking this up when it comes out in Australia, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You always look lovely...but I REALLY like the final picture because you're smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the gloss on you, Xiao!! It's a definite pick up for me too! :) I will be looking out for it on my travels! :) P.S. you should smile more, you look so radiant in the last pic! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the formula of this gloss! I can't wait to try this shade this weekend. It seems like a very universal colour.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous color! But does anyone know how is this color compared to Chanel aqualumiere gloss #69 glass quartz? They look similar. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, lovelies. Due to excessive spam, I would appreciate it if you refrain from including self-promoting links in your comments! This ensures that your comment will be visible and keeps the section clean. I look forward to hearing from you!